The Waveland Capital Project: First Tee Greater Chicago’s New Youth Development Facility
Adjacent to the Sydney R. Marovitz Golf Course in the Uptown/Buena Park community of central Chicago, our new kids clubhouse and short game area will enable us to provide year-round accessibility to free and low-cost programs to youth of all backgrounds.
The $1.5M project will be conducted in two phases. The clubhouse is currently scheduled to open in Spring 2021, and the outdoor space is expected to follow in Spring/Summer 2022.
This transformative project will help us address three key issues that Chicago’s children in the inner-city Chicago face today:
- Access to a safe place to learn: The 1,250 square foot kid’s clubhouse will provide year-round access to programming, a technology lab for exploration and learning, a simulator for practice, and a lounge area for peer engagement.
- Access to a safe place to play: The outdoor short-game area will provide a state-of-the-art practice facility for skills development and access to safe outdoor green space, both of which help to promote healthy cognitive development in children.
- Access to reliable transportation: Kids from all areas, especially those coming from underserved communities, will have access to transportation to and from our facilities for full-day camps and programs where they can practice and apply our core values both on and off the course.
PGA Tour Player Luke Donald Will Advise on the Design of the Short Game Area
Videography: Loggy Media
- Naming opportunities will begin at $25,000, but gifts of all sizes are welcome.
- All gifts of $5,000 and greater will be prominently recognized on our wall in the clubhouse.
- To make a gift to support the project, please click HERE and under ‘Fund’ select ‘Waveland’ or email Lea Jesse or Jane Seder for more information.
About the Architects:
Lamar Johnson Collaborative is a pioneering architecture and design practice creating exceptional outcomes for complex projects through emerging technology and integrated delivery methods. We believe our work is a fundamental expression of optimism in the future, and that design is a means to effect positive, enduring change.
Lohmann Quitno Golf Course Architects, Inc. is a Midwest-based firm dedicated to the advancement of golf course design, redevelopment and sustainability. Their team of architects is diverse in its expertise, but united by one common goal: providing simple and elegant solutions.